From Ordinary to Extraordinary: Taking a Visual Culture Paper drinking cup from Starbucks and recycle it into a work of art using acrylic paints.
1. Have you changed the function of your cup? How have you changed it?
2. Is you cup art? Why?
3. Does your cup tell a story? What is it?
4. What media to you use in addition to acrylics.
5. Talk about your craftsmanship: mixing paints, applying and blending, cutting, gluing etc.
6. Is your cup beautiful? How?
Could you see your creation in a gallery or museum (such as MOMA)? Why or why not?
Do you think ordinary objects need to be more beautiful? Why?