Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Delia Luciano
Some Fun Facts About Me:
* I grew up in a small town in upstate NY called Montgomery where I attended Montgomery Elementary and graduated from Valley Central High School.
* I am one of 7 children; five girls and two boys. I'm the fifth in line behind four older sisters, Jennifer, Beth, Alyson and Amy, and then comes my two younger brothers, Dan and Tim.
* It has always been clear that I would become a teacher from a young age. My older siblings would constantly play "school" and my role would vary from being the student to eventually the teacher. I also have a range of educators in my family from building principals, assistant principals, teachers and classroom aides.
* I attended Marist College where I received my B.A. in Psychology Special Education/Regular Education and then a Master's Degree in Educational Psychology. I completed my administrative degree through Long Island University and have two Certificates in School District & Building Leader.
* Growing up I was very involved in a variety of sports and eventually found my passion in swimming. I was a member of the Marist College Women's Swim Team and won three Collegiate Conference Championships during my swimming career.
* My first teaching position was at Orange/Ulster County BOCES as a Special Education Teacher for autistic children. I taught there for two years.
* I eventually moved over to my alma mater, Montgomery Elementary and taught 3rd grade for one year and 5th grade for three years.
* I have been teaching in Scarsdale for the past 11 years; one year in first grade, five years in 4th and going into my sixth year of 3rd grade. It really has been a profession I've enjoyed and one I'm excited to further explore!
*I was married in 2008 and now have two beautiful boys named Christopher & Timothy! Christopher wishes to be a palentologist when he grows up! He absolutely loves dinosaurs and draws a very scary but realistic looking Tyrannosaurus Rex. Timothy also enjoys learning about dinosaurs but he absolutely loves Shark Week and will read and learn everything he can about sharks! Their favorite thing to do is build with legos! Our playroom feels like Legoland! I'm sure you will be hearing a ton of stories about them as this year progresses!