JOSEPH DE CRESCENZOphone ext 2455
About Special EducationThe Special Education Department adheres to the philosophy that each individual with a disability is entitled to the support necessary to maximize his/her potential given the resources of the District.The Special Education staff, in conjunction with classroom teachers and other educational personnel, have a commitment to the following objectives:
- To create an effective climate for learning by sharing all available information about a child’s disability pertinent to the child’s performance in an educational setting.
- To provide and implement program and testing accommodations as stipulated on the IEP.
- To facilitate each student’s academic progress and social development by establishing appropriate goals and providing instruction.
- To support and act as a resource for classroom teachers working with students with special needs.
- To encourage students to be aware of their strengths and weaknesses so that they can become good advocates for themselves in all settings
Students in my courses are responsible for submitting all activities. Students should also be reviewing their notes for approximately 30 min/evening in order to successfully prepare for exams.I am available to assist students during most free periods as well as before and after school.