Homework that is assigned in the classroom serves a variety of purposes. They are to:
- reinforce the learning done within the classroom.
- provide an opportunity for the students to practice strategies learned
- allow them the chance to organize themselves.
Our classroom homework policy is that:
- it should take between 30 – 45 minutes a night which includes an additional hour of reading. This can entail writing in their writer's notebook, doing science or social studies research, a math assignment and/or reading and a reading response.
-Homework is assigned Monday through Thursday. There will not be homework over the weekends or during holidays unless it is a long term project such as a book report or group project.
- students should be responsible enough to communicate with me whether they have had difficulty with completing their assignments. If they aren't prepared with a completed homework assignment I expect them to feel responsible enough to speak with me.
If your child would like to celebrate their birthday, which is a very special moment for them, please limit their birthday favors to items like pencils, stickers, erasers. While we want your child to feel comfortable and special during this time we do have to keep in mind that sharing any type of food items may pose a problem for other children with allergies in the class. Therefore, we discourage any baked goods or food items that may contain nuts. We appreciate your attention to this matter. Thank you very much!