Scarsdale Public Schools
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
Elementary Students agree to follow these regulations in all of their work with computers in the Scarsdale schools:
· Copyright laws protect school computer software. Students may not copy software from school computers.
· Computer software may only be used for work related to school.
· Students may not reveal personal information, such as their name and address, when using the Internet or E-mail.
· Students must respect the privacy of others. Students may only access networked computers with their own name and password.
· Students shall not seek, learn, change, or share other users’ passwords, modify other users’ files or data, or misrepresent other users of the network.
· Students must respect the school’s computer equipment. Students must treat hardware and disks with care.
· Students may not tamper with computer network wiring.
· Students may not harass other students by sending them electronic messages.
· The Internet may only be used for gathering information related to school work.
· Students may only visit “teacher approved” web sites or search engines when using the Internet.
· Students may not change software settings or tamper with software installed on school computers.
the suspension of computer privileges.
Last Modified on August 22, 2011