¡VAMOS A MADRID!
FINAL PROJECT DUE: May 3, 2013!!!
You will be making a journal about your amazing trip to Madrid!!!
Your goal is to convince me that you actually went on the trip!
EXEMPLAR PROJECTS FOR 2011-2012 (All group members received 97% or above):
Exemplars for specific parts of the Rubric for 2011-2012:
Quality of Presentation: Grupo D
EXEMPLAR PROJECTS FOR 2010-2011 (97% - 100%):
Grupo R: https://docs.google.com/a/ms.scarsdaleschools.net/present/view?id=dc5wj5mn_0cz5k6xg9
Grupo I: https://docs.google.com/a/ms.scarsdaleschools.net/present/view?id=ddstd87k_0dh2822gv&interval=15&autoStart=true
Madrid Spreadsheet (To download)
-You must use a GUIDEBOOK for at least one of your places.
Listen to the podcast:
The culminating project in eighth grade is to plan a three-day trip to Madrid and then write a journal about the trip! You will create a booklet/journal/Keynote, etcétera . describing your journey!
PARTS TO THE PROJECT:
PROJECT (El Proyecto)
The project should include the following parts: Cover Page, Two Pages per day- one page for pictures and one page for the journal entry, Bibliography.
*You will be assigned randomly to a group of THREE people and you will be using Google Docs to complete the Project! Everybody in the group is responsible for all components listed above. One person from each group will be responsible to write ONE day of the project!
INTRODUCTION (Each person in the group contributes to this page!)
In the introduction, tell us who you are traveling with, where you will stay, and the location of your hotel. Also include when you are traveling, what the weather is like, and what you will wear while you are there. Tell me how emotional you are about going on your trip! Give a reason/goal/rationale for why you are going to Madrid! (Example: to be inspired by...... to learn the cultural nuances of....)
PARAGRAPHS (Los Páragrafos) (You write one paragraph & proofread the other two!)
Each paragraph or journal entry should be 15 sentences in length. You should include everything from your chart in each paragraph. You need to include the name of the place, where it is, what you do there, details about the place, and why you choose to go there. Use a variety of grammar from the year. You are writing a diary entry for your day. Imagine you are writing the entry at lunch time. Say what you did before lunch, what you are doing now, and what you are doing after lunch. Look at your grammar flipper to remind you of all of the possibilities! Remember to have good writing style. Include transition words, introduction and conclusion sentences, and a variety of sentence beginnings. Make it sound as if you are actually in Madrid! Be enthusiastic!
PICTURES (Las Fotos)
You should have a picture from each place that you talked about in your journal entry. The picture should be in color and should be labeled IN SPANISH. You must include in the bibliography where you found each picture. We will be going to the Butler Lab and using the GREEN SCREEN to add your group into the pictures! I want you to convince me that you were actually there!!!
BIBLIOGRAPHY (La Bibliografía)
Your bibliography should include where you found your information about the places and where you received your pictures. You have nine places and at least nine pictures. You should have between EIGHTEEN or more bibliography entries! YOU ENTRIES MUST BE IN THE PROPER FORMAT!!! Proper format: alphabetical order, no bullets, hanging indent (first line not indented, remaining lines indented)
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. Everything must be in Spanish! This includes the names of the places you visit, the title of your project, the titles of each page (El primer día, el segundo día, el tercer día, Bibiliografía) etc.! Example: Prado Museum = El Museo del Prado)
2. Keep EVERYTHING in ONE folder or section of your binder. Do NOT throw anything away!
3. Come after school to receive help on your writing!
4. Your final grade for the project will be determined by the following criteria: Quality of Presentation, Quality/Amount of Information/Details & Facts, Creativity/Originality of Writing, Organization, Mechanics, Paragraph Construction, Creativity, Sources (Bibliography)
5. This project is worth 10% of your Quarter 4 grade. This should be your BEST WORK!!!!!
6. You must go to the Museo del Prado as one of your nine places.
7. You can only use BOTIN as one of your nine places, and not any other restaurants.
8. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TURN IN THIS PROJECT LATE!
9. You are to be a responsible and helpful member of your group! When a part of the project is due, make sure that you have it done on time!
VERY USEFUL WEBSITES:
(Every year I add to this list. Please email me any websites you find to be useful for the project!)
Click below to go to the library web site for the project:
Easy Bib Citation Guide:
Click below to access Google Docs for SMS:
Here is a link to useful travelvocabulary:
Go into the Museums and have a tour here:
- Search for Madrid or placeswithin Madrid to find all of the websites for that topic!