CONGRATULATIONS! Your child has access to a wonderful world of books through www.raz-kids.com because your school has subscribed to the online library of exciting reading materials. Raz-Kids helps students improve their reading skills as they listen to a book read for modeled fluency. Then, if the computer has a built-in record function, they can record themselves reading the same book. Or, students can read the book to themselves or aloud for practice. Interactive quizzes are available at the end of each book to check
Here is how to access the website and your child’s reading assignment from any computer connected to the Internet:
1. Go to www.raz-kids.com from your Internet browser and click on log in.
2. Type in my username (nicoleg34) and click go.
3. Find your child's name or symbol on the chart and click on that symbol.
4. Enter your child's password as indicated on the login information sent home.
5. The books in your child’s assignment and stars earned appear on a personal assignment page. Your child can choose to listen, read, or take a quiz by clicking on the symbols below each book. If worksheets have been assigned, these will be sent home by the teacher.
Remember, the more your child reads, the better reader he or she will become!